Wednesday, December 8

Raging Rollercoasters

You're waiting in line.  It's hot outside and you've been in the same line for what seems like half an hour.  Screams pierce the air intermittently.  The people in front of you keep shuffling forward until you're first in line.  You start to feel butterflies in your stomach and get a little jittery.  The car comes to a fast stop in front of you, and you see people file off with windblown hair, and some a little shaky.  The attendant shows you where to sit and you pull the bar down over your head.  All of a sudden, the car takes off, gaining speed quickly, taking twists, turns, and flips at high speeds.  Everyone around you is screaming, and you realize you are screaming too, but with a huge smile on your face.  All of a sudden you're slowing down and come to a stop.  It's over, and you can't wait to do it again.

That's what every rollercoaster ride is like for me.  I love rollercoasters so much, and I've been hooked on them for years.  I can ride them over and over and over, and never feel sick. I do get nervous and scared right before I get on a ride, but I don't really know why.  I guess it's just part of the experience.  The thrill of being on a speeding hunk of metal, twisting this and that, is really one of my favorite things.  I love the feeling I get in the pit of my stomach as I fly down a huge drop.  Normally, my life is kind of boring and I don't really do any "thrill-seeking" stuff.  Even riding my bike on the street scares me a little.  I always think that I'm going to get hit.


So, when it comes down to it, a rollercoaster is where I can pretend like I'm facing danger and overcoming it. 

2 comments:

siovhan said...

you have a blog?!! i'm so excited!!

Andrea Wyss said...

I do! haha, it's a very new one. I started this for an english project.