Wednesday, December 8

Drama? Definitely!

Now, I don't mean drama as in "oh my gosh, he totally broke up with her last week and he's dating some other girl already!" No. I don't like that type of drama.  In fact, I don't think many people do. But, I digress.

Halfway through my junior year, I decided on a whim to try out for the school musical (which happened to be High School Musical. Don't mock us too much please) and I didn't get a big part or anything, but I was in the chorus.  We spent months rehearsing, and it was during rehearsals that I started to make really good friends.  I was the new kid in school that year, and making friends in a town where no one ever moves in or out can be a little difficult.  The musical really blessed my life in that way.  It made me happier and more comfortable in our new life in Massachusetts.  Also, it was just fun!  Even though the last week leading up to it, performing the show was a BLAST! I had no idea it would be so exhilarating.
This experience lead me to try out for the fall play, beginning of my senior year.  Much to my surprise, I got one of the leads!  I had never had lines during a play before, so it was nerve wracking.  The play, "You Can't Take It With You" was so much fun to perform.  Being on stage as a different person was something still new to me, and I was enjoying every second of it.  For the school musical my senior year, we performed South Pacific.  I didn't have a huge role, but I had a few lines and a short solo, which was fine by me.  Once again, it was just a great experience for me.

I do miss performing now and then.  Being up on stage is just something very unique.  But, I've made room in my life for other things, to enjoy other opportunities.  I do know that drama was one of the best things for me during high school.  It brought me so much happiness.  Have you ever been up on stage?  If you haven't go find something to get you up there! It's a wonderful experience.

No comments: