Wednesday, October 13

Beautiful bounties of books!


I have a secret. I love to read. I mean I really really really love reading.  I love to read so much that I once even got grounded from reading for leisure. Crazy, right? I would sometimes stay up until about 2 am reading, just because I was unable to put the book down.  I had to know what was going to happen!  That's part of the reason why I was grounded from books. I didn't have the self control when it came to reading a new book.

Why are books so fascinating?  Well, mostly because they provide a sort of escape from life, and you can pretend that you are part of this other time and world.  It's so interesting to read about different characters and see how they develop.  I also really enjoy history, and I think reading historical fiction books is such a fun and interesting way to learn about past and important events.  The World War II time period is really intriguing to me, partly because my paternal grandfather served in the Army in WWII.  I've read so many different books about that time period, some focusing on soldiers' lives, others focusing on the effects in everyday American society.

Finding a new book is like finding a new friend.  I want to get to know them and learn all about them right away.  Books entertain you and serve as a trustworthy companion, especially on long trips.  Some people don't really like rereading books, because they already know the plot and sequence of events.  However, I view rereading a book as a comfortable safe haven, or visiting with an old friend.  There are so many books that are worth reading over and over again, and they never get less exciting.

Do you like to read? If not, ask yourself why, and make a goal to start reading more! I promise you'll enjoy it.

No comments: