Wednesday, October 13

Fantastic Fiance

I have a wonderful fiance name Chris. Here he is:

He truly is a wonderful person, and I love him for many reasons. He impresses me over and over with his selflessness.  When we first started dating, I got really sick with two different things right in a row. I got a bad stomach virus on the Saturday of this past April General Conference, and I called him to cancel our plan of making lunch between the sessions.  Fifteen minutes later he showed up at my door with ginger ale to settle my stomach. Even though I was sick, he stayed with me all day and helped me feel better. The next day, I started getting a horrible cough, which then developed into sore throats and I lost my voice for a week. The Monday night following conference I felt just plain awful, and he came to my rescue again.  He bought NyQuil and Chloraseptic throat spray for me and gave me a back rub until the NyQuil took effect.  That is only one example of all the things he has done for me.

He is also a very active person, which I love.  He's done musical theater, soccer, choir, folk dance, clogging, tap, student government, and skiing.  I'm sure I've even left a few things out.  All of the things he's done often leads to interesting conversations, where I can learn little interesting snippets of his past. I've done some similar activities as him, so it also gives us a good common ground.

Another thing I love about him is that he is wonderful with children. I've gotten to watch him humor his nephews for hours on end, and he never seems to tire of it.  He would also help me with my babysitting job last year, which was so good for the little boy, since his father passed away the year before.  My siblings could tell that he really enjoyed playing with them. My youngest sister would wake Chris up at 6 am when he was visiting my family, just so he would play games with her.  It is so endearing all the things he does for others.
There are so many other things I love about him, but then this post would go on too long and everyone would get bored. Trust me though, there are so many good qualities about him.

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Congrats on your engagement, such exciting times!!