Monday, October 11

Fall foliage is fetching!

I've decided that alliterating post titles will be a theme, even though it might get difficult sometimes. However, I can do it! As you can gather by the post, I love fall and the colors that come along with it. Here's a sample:
 Isn't this just gorgeous? 
 I never really appreciated fall and how beautiful it truly is until I moved to New England. Fall is absolutely magnificent in the tiny town of Lakeville, where my family now resides. There are only about 10,000 people in my hometown, and plenty of windy roads lined on both sides with trees. When fall is at its peak, and the colors are rampant, I love driving around.  It's amazing to see how trees that were once all green, are now orange, red, yellow, and sometimes even plum. 
I haven't always loved fall, because it's also associated with the start of school. Fall still isn't my favorite season either, rather summer is.  But all the seasons are wonderful, aren't they?

Being here in Utah, strangely enough, has also helped me appreciate fall more. You might think that's odd, since Utah is a desert and has very few trees compared to New England. Consider this though: it's blazing hot outside, and you are wearing a backpack stuffed to the brim. You only have a few more minutes before your next class starts, and you are on the other side of campus, and so you start walking quite briskly. By the time you reach your class, you are out of breath and sweaty. You feel a little embarrassed and wonder how everyone can make it around campus without getting all nasty.  A few weeks go by of this, and suddenly, the temperature drops and it is so pleasant outside.  Merely walking around doesn't cause you to get sweaty, and sometimes you even need a light jacket!  Walking from class to class and back home no longer is a chore, because the weather is so nice. As an added bonus, the leaves around campus and on the mountains are slowly changing color and are so much more fun to look at.

This is why I love fall.  I love the color of the leaves and the change in weather.
 

No comments: