Monday, January 24

no more bangs and hallelujah!

I got a hair cut on Saturday. My hair was starting to get past my bra strap on my back, and that's really long for me.  I didn't want to get it cut before the wedding though. Plus, I had a 50% off coupon (I love coupons and sales. They are my BFFs.) to David Douglas Salon here in Provo. Sweet!  Since sophomore year of high school, I've had the side swoopy bangs, but they are no more.  I've been growing them out, and with the hair cut, you can't even tell I had bangs because she blended them in. 

Also, I've had a hallelujah moment.  Last week, I had two job interviews with Sears (so exciting, right? but hey, i need da monies), but being hired was contigent upon agreeing to work one Sunday a month.  I know that's not HORRIBLE, because it's not every Sunday.  But it would prevent me from attending my ward, and I didn't feel great about it. So, I turned down the first job offer I got.  I almost didn't because it was like my twentieth place to apply to.

However, this morning I checked my email, and I got an email from a lady who needs a nanny.  I contacted her almost a full two weeks ago, and I had long given up on that.  I mean, it's a sweet job it seems like - pay is $10-12 an hour! That's unheard of in cheap Provo.  They did get a girl, but she backed out because school was getting too hard.  So, she wants to set up an interview soon. *fingers crossed, arms crossed, toes crossed*

3 comments:

Erica said...

Whoa...Nan with no bangs? I think the universe just shifted a bit.

and way to be on turning down the job. that had to be way blessed, but we are being blessed for following the commandments so it will work out for the best. Good luck on the interview! The nanny named Nan!

Tiq said...

good luck for the upcoming interview! *fingers crossed*

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

Good luck w/ the job interviews! That's rough that Sears needed you to work a Sunday a month... I guess it would be rough to find employees to do that in Provo!

Kristine. Or Polly.