Sunday, March 13

PSA

I decided to write a blog about something very real, and it creeps up fast.  Most people deny its existence, but trust me, it's there, just waiting to pounce.

wondering what i'm talking about? yeah, me too (jk!)

i'm talking about the horrible disease known as horrible newlywedweightgainitis.  it probably affects more people than you know.  currently, my husband and i are waging a war against it.

you see, it started on our honeymoon. actually, i may have started to not care during engagement, but that doesn't matter. we went on a cruise for our honeymoon.  which means food is available all the time, plus all you can eat. that wasn't good.  then we attended my brother-in-law's wedding reception. then we had an open house in MA, AND new year's came along. that's a lot of snacking.  then school started and that brought a lot of busyness and too many fast food meals.

we're fighting that now. we're eating more meals at home, even if it is just coming home between classes for only 30 minutes.  it's really hard sometimes, considering i'm on campus from 8 to 6:30 a few days a week.

also, we're trying to get back into the habit of going to the gym regularly. we made it 3 times last week - not too shabby.  except my legs were pretty sore after the 2nd workout, and so i barely made it the third time haha.

hopefully i can continue to go a few times a week.  mostly because i don't want to buy new clothes if i keep gaining weight. that's a lot of work haha.

8 comments:

Erica said...

Good luck! I gained some weight when we got married because I started eating the same portions as Spencer, whoops!

Andrea Wyss said...

yeah, that's part of the problem. when chris dishes up the food, we get equal amounts. so now i'm used to eating more. i don't think he understands that i don't need as much as him haha.

Jill said...

After almost 6 years of marriage, Brad and I actually weigh less than we did on our wedding day! I think it's because I'm not as good (or regular) cook as our mothers are! You two look great though and I'm sure always will be thin as you are now!

Courtney B said...

No worries!! It takes a few months to get in the swing of things!! Marriage is life changing and you have to figure out meshing your lives which includes how you eat and work out :)
I haven't had to much of a problem but my handsome hubby put on some weight (we didn't even notice til he started losing it..funny how that works?) but we had goals of vacations we wanted to take (beach ones haha) to get us REALLY motivated to workout haha!

christine donee said...

I've been in a relationship for just over a year now, and found that I have succumbed to this disease. Working on it right now!

xoxo
Christine
www.aquietdetermination.blogspot.com

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I stumbled upon your blog. Fascinating! The newlywedweightgainitis was a worry for us as well. We walked a lot (being students, with one vehicle, that wasn't too much of a challenge), we made sure that we ate healthy and I made sure that I served my own plate (Howard still serves me way to much food). Going to the gym together is such a bonus. We still try to do that. Good luck.

Ann said...

i'm not married, but college is making me gain weight!! i blame it on the buffet style cafeteria. i've had the hardest time with portion control!

Smiles said...

And you wanted to see me more :D hehe i loved seeing you guys at the gym!!! I will be there in the fall too!!!