Tuesday, February 8

Unemployed? Not me!

after about TWO months of applying to who knows how many jobs, i FINALLY have one! (and not a stinky one that would require me to work on sundays.) where am i working, you ask?

oh, just this place...

Harold B. Lee Library!

i'll be working down in the Special Collections, helping to revamp the archives' catalogs, and write better descriptions so that people actually know what they are. i think it'll be a lot of fun.  also, i totally name dropped in the interview.  i'm shameless.  i brought it up like 1.5 minutes into the interview.  you see, Chad Flake is my great great uncle, and he worked in the Special Collections for like 40 years, and helped to make it amazing. 

also, when i was searching for that picture, a lot of them were of Stephen Jones.  if you have not seen this Old Spice parody for the HBLL, then you're welcome.

8 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats! That job is perfect for you. Bet mom is jealous.

Sara said...

Yay!! It sounds great! And it feels good to be employeed... :)

Kimi said...

Congrats!!! So happy that you got the job! And yes, I am jealous :)

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! I promise the Library is the best place to work... I've been here for two years so thats got to say something!

Young People in Love said...

Congrats on the job! Isn't job hunting the worst?? I went to BYU, too! Back in the day :) I'm sure you'll spend SO much more time in the good old HBLL than I ever did. I don't know why but I always hated studying at the library..

Anonymous said...

hooray for you! congrats on your job! and that sounds like a fun one.

in regards to your comment: where in massachusetts are you from? i'm from there originally! so excited to follow you. :)

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

Congrats on the job!! I've been to that library a couple of times - it's a good place :)

Meredith said...

yay! congrats! this pic makes me miss BYU. not that i ever went into the library or anything ... i was wayyy too cool for any of that stuff they call "studying!" yeah, i'm lying. total nerd, right here. ;)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS